LOCATION: Stealth, Nottingham
REPORTS TO: Assistant Manager, General Manager
RESPONSIBLE FOR: Bar Staff, Bar Supervisors
Stealth are part of DHP Family, one of the UK’s most exciting and creative entertainment companies. Stealth is a Nightclub based in Nottingham, which for the past 18 years has relentlessly showcased the very best in forward thinking music. We have welcomed many of the world’s biggest DJs/artists to the club; and in addition to our regular club shows we have also hosted larger parties at venues such as Rock City, as well as outdoor festivals in Wollaton Park.
Since opening in 2004, Stealth has welcomed some of the biggest artists in the world to our stage & DJ booth – including Andy C, Annie Mac, Ben Hemsley, Bicep, Big Narstie, Bonobo, Bru-C, Camelphat, Danny Howard, Denis Sulta, DJ EZ, Diplo, Disclosure, Ewan McVicar, Fatboy Slim, Fisher, Flava D, Four Tet, Hannah Wants, Interplanetary Criminal, Jamie Jones, Jamie XX, Justice, Kanine, Kurupt FM, Laura Jones, LF System, Mall Grab, Monki, Moxie, Michael Bibi, Mistajam, MK, Nina Kraviz, Patrick Topping, Pawsa Peggy Gou, Pete Tong, Sally C, Sarah Story, Seth Troxler, Shy FX, Skepta, Skin On Skin, Skream, Skrillex, Solardo, Sonny Fodera, Sosa Tinie Tempah, Todd Terje & many more. https://www.stealthclub.co.uk/history/
If you have a passion for delivering high quality vibes through great music, refreshments and parties, we’re here for it, and we’d love to hear from you.
The overall purpose of a Shift Supervisor at Stealth is to lead bar service across the venue during a variety of events. They will ensure that all bars across the venue are providing fast, efficient, and excellent service to customers. The Shift Supervisor will be the main point of contact for Bar Supervisors, and will work with the evening’s duty manager to ensure the venue delivers a great time for all customers, safely. The emphasis of the role will be on service standards, health & safety, and bar standard training and development.
The ideal candidate will:
- Be an excellent bar supervisor with proven experience, who can teach, inspire, engage, and motivate people
- Have suitable previous experience of bartending and/or supervising
- Posses proven organisational, personable, and communication skills
- Be self-motivated and able to work on own initiative without supervision
To provide supervision of all service areas of the venue, including but not exhaustive of the following:
- The performance of bar supervisors, bar staff, and bar backs in their responsibilities and duties
- Answering radio calls from bar supervisors and communicating with the duty manager where assistance is required or queries cannot be handled
- To provide support to the venue management team through staff management and any other duties as reasonably requested
- Ensure all bar paperwork is accurately completed to the highest standard
- To ensure the venue is operating at a safe and excellent level of service through management of venue staff and compliance procedures
- Help the duty manager perform change over quickly, safely, and professionally with duties where necessary
- Report relevant security related incidents to the duty manager via the radio
- Take full responsibility for close down routine tasks, such as cashing up, stock line checks, and bar standards checks
- Ensuring both yourself and bar staff/bar supervisors are adhering to company policy and/or health and safety and licensing laws
- Ensuring staff members are performing to their expected capacity, conducting training where is needed, to increase individual/team performance
- Inducting trial shift members to measure their suitability to the role, train where necessary, alongside shift supervisors
- Responsible for the training and/or progression of new potential supervisors to ensure the highest possible performance
- To assist, where needed, with the preparing and serving of alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages for customers
- Keep up-to-date with current promotional offers and products
- Always adhere to all company policies, procedures, and licensing laws
- To complete event briefings for bar staff and bar supervisors prior to events
Please be advised that this post requires a mixture of daytime, evening (including late night) and weekend shifts.
We would like to hear from you if you meet the above requirements and want a career within a successful and growing music company. Much like we make our artists feel welcome, welcoming new members to the “Family” and their ideas is a constant priority of ours.
As a DHP Family venue, at Stealth we are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age. In line with the requirements of the Asylum and Immigration Act 1996, all applicants must be eligible to live and work in the UK. As part of the recruitment process, you will be asked to provide documented evidence of eligibility.
If you are interested in developing your career with us, then please email your covering letter and CV to email@example.com.